Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Project Plan

About a week ago I adopted a pet from the Michigan Humane Society. She is a lovable little jack russel puppy named Abigail. It wasnt easy finding her and it got me thinking about all of the poor cats and dogs who do not have homes. During this time is when I started researching kennels, pet stores, and shelters for animals. This is when I decided to write project one about puppy mills. Puppy mills are so called shelters that are over crowded and are extremely dirty. Dogs in these "facilites" are mistreated and under feed. Many animals rescued from there are often ill or hurt. People typically run these mills to sell the dogs to pet stores for top dollar, then the pet stores resell these dogs to people innocently looking for a new pet. Often people dont realize this and then don't understand why thier animal behaves badly and doesn't trust them. It all leads back to the source of thier puppyhood. Hopefully my audience will see the bad in these mills and support thier local humane societys and real local shelters. There are millions of animals who need us out there in the streets who just need a good meal and a warm bed. This is just as serious as any other issue facing our society today. It seems to me that many people often forget that we have to share this planet with many other species and tend not to care.

1 comment:

Jordan Lapetz said...

I totally agree with the sadness that puppy mills have. My family has a matlese and he used to be a show dog, in a cage all day. :[ it is so sad. When i bought my dog i made sure that she was "natural" :] I am really looking forward to seeing your presentation. :]
yay for saving animals.