Thursday, September 25, 2008

Activity 2

I choose I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles because as a little girl thats all me and my dad would ever listen. I have many favorites by this group but after I saw the movie Across The Universe I realized how much more these songs really meant to people. When I was younger I just new what the next line was only because I had heard it so many times. Now that I am older I realize how The Beatles were constantly telling a story, just like many other song writers.

Before these lyrics were on some random website in 12 point Times New Roman. Reading the lyrics this way was very boring so I decided to bring meaning to these words by arranging them to make something more. I arranged the words into the shape of a hand because it seemed more appropriate this way. The way that someone feels and the way you feel while you are holding hands is much more magically than it sounds and looks in straight lines written out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This turned out well. I think the Beatles might like it.

Denise said...

I really enjoy your interpretation of the song. When I saw a shape of a hand, I had a feeling it was a Beatles song. Awesome job!